Here is the infinite universe of possibilities that opens up to us when we start to think about everything we can do with the harvest of honey! With the holiday season fast approaching, you can embark on the concoction of these two “home-made” recipes that will delight your guests.
Sriracha and honey caramelized nuts
This mixture of sweet and spicy nuts is perfect for snacking on holiday evenings or as a gift. Not only is it delicious, it’s healthier than potato chips too!
What would you need?
- 2 cups of nuts of your choice (walnuts, cashews, almonds, etc.)
- 1 C. salt
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 2 tbsp. Sriracha (or other hot sauce of your choice)
- 3 tbsp. tablespoon of honey
- Preheat the oven to 350 ° F.
- Cover a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mattress.
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl, except the nuts, to prepare the seasoning.
- When everything is homogeneous, stir in the nuts and coat them well.
- Place walnuts on baking sheet to make an even layer.
- Cook, 10-15 minutes, until the liquid has almost evaporated.
- Take the nuts out of the oven, toss them and put them back in the oven for 5 more minutes.
- Let cool completely before handling.
- Coarsely separate the nuts to make bite-size pieces.